The air around us is already tainted as it is. Every day, people breathe polluted air in and out of their bodies, which is why the rate of aging these days is significantly higher compared to bygone days when the air was cleaner. Most of the fatal diseases these days are airborne; thus, everyone is literally treading on perilous grounds every time he goes out of his house. What makes matters worse is that even inside your home, you could be exposed to harmful air.
Yes, even the air you breathe inside your house may be contaminated with disease-causing germs and allergens that can make you prone to various types of allergic reaction. Worse, if you’re already prone to allergic reactions and there happens to be mold growing in your home, you may be even more susceptible to mold allergy.
Mold allergy is one of the most common types of allergy out there. Aside from the fact that molds grow in almost every household, it can also be quite difficult to get rid of. However, in order for you to find a good mold allergy relief, it wouldn’t hurt to know a few basic things about molds.
- Molds are a type of fungi that is found everywhere; they play a vital role in decomposition of certain types of wood and plants and are one of the most common types of allergen out there.
- If molds are found everywhere, it’s because they can thrive almost anywhere. Moisture is its key ingredient, allowing molds to grow on almost any surface known to man, from the sewer canals all the way to your bedroom ceiling. These guys find their way through almost anything.
- Since they can grow almost anywhere, spotting a mold may be difficult, but sometimes it can be seen as black spots on your walls or bathrooms, also as white branch-like formations, and to make things more exciting, they grow long before you can start seeing them.
Molds also give out a musty smell that you often experience in cold dark and damp areas, but there are some that are undetectable by the human senses.
Knowing these simple facts give you a better idea on how to combat these moisture lovers and a step closer to finding your mold allergy relief.
Since most allergy medications target the symptoms and not the source, buying the best medicine available will only give you temporary relief. If you really want a full proof mold allergy relief, you have to be willing to make a few changes.
- First, you have to clean your house; pick up some gloves and a brush and get ready to get down and dirty.
Scrub your walls and floors with disinfectants and make sure you get to all the hard to reach spots, molds love congregating in these areas. Seeking help from professionals would be advised for a more thorough cleaning.
- Get a humidifier.
As mentioned above, molds love moisture, so eliminating this will definitely decrease mold reproduction.
- Purchase an air purifier.
Air purifiers do a lot to clean the air inside your home, ridding it of allergens that can trigger allergies. Check out A Fresher Home for a thorough guide on air purifiers, as well as tips on how to keep the air inside your home clean and fresh.
- Lastly, check pipes and gutters for possible leaks or stagnant water; this type of area is just too mold-friendly.
A general cleaning might be the decisive answer to your mold allergy relief.