Nowadays, people are into fitness, mostly physical fitness. You’ll see plenty of people going in and out of a gym. You’ll see people striking a pose and flexing their well-toned bodies in tabloids, newspapers, magazines and social media.
There are different types of exercises, it depends on what part of your body or yourself you want to improve.
For some who want to improve their physique, lifting weights and treadmill is what fits them. For those who want to improve both physical and mental aspects, yoga is the key.
Yoga helps in stress management and relaxation. Also, it is very convenient. Why? It is because you can do it at a gym, at a yoga studio or even just at home.
A lot of people would benefit from this convenient way of working out especially those who have a full schedule every day.
When did it begin?
Yoga began thousands of years ago and is still being practiced by many people today. It can be traced back way before four-hundred A.D.
What are the benefits of doing yoga?
Basically, anyone can practice yoga. There are a lot of benefits you can get from it. The most famous benefit of doing yoga is it helps in one’s management of stress and promoting one’s mind into a more relaxed state. Studies have shown that yoga can decrease the secretion of the hormone cortisol, the primary stress hormone, which in turn can improve your overall health. Other benefits of doing yoga are the following:
- Yoga helps in body awareness, flexibility, strength, mobility, and balance.
- It helps you shift into a more relaxed state which can aid in decreasing stress, increase focus and promote a stronger connection with yourself.
- The breathing exercises you practice with yoga can help lower your heart rate.
- Yoga promotes better sleep.
- Weight loss. How? An everyday gentle yoga will fuel the metabolic system and will help burn fat, leading to weight loss. It can also help restore the body’s hormonal balance which can normalize your body weight.
- Energy boost. Daily yoga will awaken the main energy centers (called “chakras”) in your body.
- The “pranayama” or a breathing exercise that is used in yoga that helps you practice breathing fully. These methods will help you face the day with confidence and calm.
- Be happier. Just fifteen minutes of yoga a day can change your brain chemistry and improve your mood.
- You become more mindful. It will make you more aware of your sensations and surroundings also with your thoughts and emotions that accompany a given pose which in return will bring the mind back to the present moment – the main aim of mindfulness – where it can stay happy and focused.
- Improve concentration for you to be able to have clearer and peaceful thoughts.
- Live longer. It is known that yoga helps you avoid any risk of having heart disease.
So, remember that huffing and puffing away at the gym and lifting weights isn’t the only way of working out. Yoga can also give you all that a gym can, but in a peaceful, safe and more holistic way.
If you are interested in doing it and want to know everything about yoga, visit the website yogazenlife.com.